Power BI Reports and Dashboards for Business Users
ActionPoint is delighted to bring Power BI training to our online academy.
Power BI provides a variety of methods for using reports and dashboards within which data can be viewed and analysed visually.
This course covers the use of Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service hosted in Office 365 to identify core features, terminology and processes applicable when using reports or dashboards.
Time frame: 1 full day
Suitable for: Anyone whose role requires them to use existing Power BI Reports or Dashboards to consume the contents. Roles can include management at all levels, team leaders or anyone who needs to commission the production of reports or dashboards.
It is assumed that attendees on the course are familiar with charts. Please note that this course is not suitable for new Excel users.
Delegates need an:
- Ability to create charts
- Ability to use filters in data
Delegates will learn:
- Power BI Concepts and Main Features
- How a report is created
- Navigating reports and dashboards
- How to apply filters and slicers
- To use Insights, Analytics and Natural Language Queries
Module 1: Getting Started with Power BI
- Power BI Concepts and Versions
- Introduction to Main Features:
- Jargon buster
- From Data to Reports and Dashboards
- Visualizations Overview
- Visualizations Available
- Visualizations as Filter
- Reports and Dashboards Similarities and differences
Module 2: Understanding what you are looking at
- Build a Report in Minutes
- What do the visuals show me?
- Refreshing a report
Module 3: Using a Report in Power BI
- Filters, sorting and using slicers
- See the actual data
- See Data and See Records
- Drill visualizations
- Off the shelf data analysis
- Quick Conditional Formatting
- Analytics lines
- Use Insight for Increases and Decrease
- Forecast Analytics
Module 4: Working with Dashboards
- Dashboards in Power BI Defined
- How is a dashboard different from a report?
- Working in the Dashboard window
To choose a time or date that suits your team or to discuss your tailored training needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.